Sign in to follow this  
Fewilson

Towing a 2016 Lincoln MKZ

I am considering buying a 2016 Lincoln MKZ.  has any one had experience with this vehicle.  Are there any quirks to attaching the tow bar.  I thought I read you have to disconnect the negative battery terminal someplace but I can’t find where I read that.  Is that true?  I’ve only been RVing a little less than a year and have not towed a vehicle yet.

The question is does Lincoln say you can tow it four down?  And, if they say it is okay, ask them to show you in the manual where it says it's okay and how to set it up to tow.  That's what Honda does with the CRV.

6 hours ago, Fewilson said:

I am considering buying a 2016 Lincoln MKZ.  has any one had experience with this vehicle.  Are there any quirks to attaching the tow bar.  I thought I read you have to disconnect the negative battery terminal someplace but I can’t find where I read that.  Is that true?  I’ve only been RVing a little less than a year and have not towed a vehicle yet.

Welcome to the forum. Like Five said check the manuel to see what it says for that year and model. Any CR-V after 2014 can't be towed 4 down.

Bill