eb22352

Flexsteel Seat Damage

We have a 2013 Tiffin Phaeton purchased in Nov 2012. Over a year ago, I noticed the "pleather" was starting to flake off our Flexsteel driver and passenger seats. The issue seemed to primarily be where our legs are against the seats. The flaking has gotten progressively worse (worse than when I took the attached photos) and we now have the floor covered in flakes of the plastic coming off the backing material. Our coach is stored outdoors when not in use (about 6-7 months per year), but I always keep all the blinds closed to minimize exposure to UV. I saw a post on another forum where this seems to be a widespread problem with some Flexsteel captain's chairs. All of our other Flexsteel furniture in our coach looks fine. Anyone else experiencing this problem or have suggestions to obtaining a solution from Flexsteel?  I have seen a post somewhere that Flexsteel offered an expensive seat cover. Anyone have any experience with this problem?  If so, how did you resolve the issue?

IMG_3576.JPG

IMG_3577.JPG

I'de put in a call to Tiffin. Maybe a defective batch. Play it up a bit. They may even repair those for you for FREE.

Tiffin does stuff like that.