Sign in to follow this  
mccart15

Be Aware your toads brake unit can void new car warranty

I recently had a malfunction with my Patriot Braking Unit on my 2015 Jeep Cherokee.  The Patriot unit showed a false break- away thus applying the brakes while driving.   I had to have the rotors, calipers, and pads replaced on the front brakes by a Jeep dealer.  Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) has informed me that they can void my new car warranty because I added after market equipment that wasn’t approved by FCA and installed by an FCA dealer.         

While true, the generally only applies to any component directly damaged by the aftermarket device.

I would sure not want to be FCA's lawyer in front of a judge trying to explain why an engine warranty was denied because of an aftermarket brake device!

Brett.  Ditto X2!  FCA has enough problems! :blink:

When I got my 2013 Jeep Wrangler, my trade was worth $9,000 more!  We compromised,  not only did they install the base plate, cut away, light plug and invisi brake...also a 2" lift, 33.5" Nitto Grabbler tiers on 20" rims and gave me their blessing with a 2 year service contract...only problem, I bought it in Winterhaven, FL. :lol: Did not affect my warranty at all.

Edited by manholt