Sign in to follow this  
susan.charles@windstream.net

Slideout Sticking

The slideout on our motorhome sounds like the rubber seals are tearing when I let them in after they have been out a few days. I can feel them with my hand and they seem very dry. I can't see them, but I don't think they're torn. My owners manual doesn't say anything about putting anything on them. Is there something I can get to lubricate them, or is this tearing sound normal?

Thanks for any suggestions. ccmsm

Guest Wayne77590

Protectant 303. It can be picked up at any marine shop.

Just do not use a petroleum based product as after time it will deteriorate the rubber at a faster rate than normal.

Typically there are two seals. The one you see from the outside is the "wiper" seal. It is supposed to squeegee water off when you retract the slide. The other seal you can get to when the slide is retracted (closed) It will run around the frame of the slide and it butts up against the outer wall when the slide is extended.

I use a microfiber cloth for both. I spray the lubricant on the cloth and wipe the inside and outside area of the wiper seal. I do the same for the frame seal, but not as often. The 303 last a long time and is a UV protectant. I have on occasion, sprayed the side of the slide and spread the solution around with the microfiber cloth.