Sign in to follow this  
skyking8

Oklahoma Turnpike Info

Question

I am looking for some info on the Oklahoma TP for an upcoming trip from TX to MO. I have read some unflattering articles on the web about the toll charges and lack of restroom facilities. I also wasn't able to determine the cost for 4 axles (rig and tow) from Oklahoma City to Joplin, MO using their own website without trying to piece together all of the different exits. And if there are half dozen toll booths on that stretch that will slow me down, I might as well head off on a red road thru the southeast side of the state.

Does anyone have any info on the subject?

4 answers to this question

Tolls for OKC to Tulsa (Turner Turnpike) and Tulsa to State Line at MO (Will Rogers TP) is $9.75 each ($19.50 total).

There is only 1 Toll Booth for each TP. They are situated in the middle of each.

Restroom facilities are becoming farther apart everywhere, but on the Turner there are 5 and on the Will Rogers there are also 2.

That is 7 for about 200 miles. That should be sufficient considering you are in a motor home. There are also a couple of 'rest areas' without facilities that have easy exit/enter that you can use for your own rest, restroom, snack, etc.

here are links to the two:

http://www.pikepass.com/maps/charts/frmTol...px?TurnpikeID=1

http://www.pikepass.com/maps/charts/frmTol...px?TurnpikeID=2

Hope this helps.

Guest BillAdams

Take the turnpike, pay the tolls. It's still cheaper than any other out of the way option. The roads are good and there are plenty of places to stop if necessary. I don't think I have used a rest area rest room in about 10 years of driving my motor home, but if that's what you are looking for, they are there.

The TP route is farther, but I can make better time on it so it's a wash on ETE to Joplin and with only two booths it won't slow me down. Restrooms are a convenience if I were going to stop anyway. I'll save the 20 bucks using a famcamp.

Thanks for the info.

I travel the Oklahoma Turmpikes almost every month. They are the best roads in Oklahoma. However if you are not in a hurry try taking Historic Route 66 from Oklahoma City to Joplin. There are lots of nice little towns to visit. You will go through Claremore between Tulsa and Miami. There you will find the Will Rogers Museum and the Davis Gum Museum. That being said, if you take Route 66 stay with in the posted speed limits. The small towns budgets depend on that revenue.

Have a great Trip.