Sign in to follow this  
yugo

RV to Sedona From Northridge CA

Question

was wondering who has done this.  I will be towing a car on a trailer pulling with a 30ft A class.  I was wondering whether I should take the 10 or the 40.  Google says 10 is the faster route but only by a few minutes and 5 miles less distance.  I just wonder what the least up hill drive would be.

4 answers to this question

I-10 is pretty flat, take the loop 301 to I-17N to the Hwy 179 cut off.  IMHO, that's the best of 2 evils!  

What's the combined weight of the trailer (is that a dolly or 4 down) and car?  I suspect your rated at 5,000#.  

On 2/10/2019 at 3:03 AM, manholt said:

I-10 is pretty flat, take the loop 301 to I-17N to the Hwy 179 cut off.  IMHO, that's the best of 2 evils!  

What's the combined weight of the trailer (is that a dolly or 4 down) and car?  I suspect your rated at 5,000#.  

10k and yes towing Jeep on deck over.  Thanks for the advise.

There are no 30 foot coach out there, that I know about, that has a 10,000# rating!  What can possibly go wrong?  Hitting a CA. pot hole & leaving trailer & rear axle behind.  Being stopped by CHP & get a massive ticket.  Tail wagging the dog, that's a accident in the making!   T bone accident, that's not your fault...but you get to pay!  Your illegal, in every State and Canada!!! :blink::wacko: