winnebagovista

2019 Chevy Equinox FWD 1.5

Does anyone flat tow the 2019 Chevy Equinox FWD 1.5?   Does the mileage accumulate while towing.   We just got set up to tow and listen to the bell for 30 minutes which we understand is normal.

Any other useful information appreciated.

We are just setting up our 2019 Equinox, but according to the tech bulletin, the mileage does not accumulate. I installed Roadmaster adapter. 64 screws to take out and replace. Had to drill 6 holes. I am not fast, but careful. Working now to install the Air Force One supplemental braking system. Hardest task is wiring the tail and brake lights. Getting the wire routed from the front to the rear isn’t easy. 

Don’t forget that you need to have a charge line from motor home to Equinox. 

Working to get our 2019 FWD 1.6 TDI. Paid to have the Baseplate installed. Will pay to have the Air Force 1 system installed. Understand the 30 minute bell ring is supposed to stop, and the miles are not suppose to roll, per the Chevy instructional manual. 

Have a question of our own. Mr. Rossboyer: Purchased the TireTracker TT600 with 10 sensors based upon some investigation (and lifetime warranty). We got some adaptors for the RV, but have questions for hooking them to the car. Should there be any issues with the brass and rubber tire nipples and the sensors? That you are aware of?

They should be OK. We traveled to Arizona from Indiana with 6 sensors on the Motor Home and 4 more on our Chevy Equinox. Only problem is that I forgot to turn off the car overnight our 3rd night out. Even though I have a charge line from mh to car, the line isn’t working unless the mh is running. I have long jumper cables so not a problem. 

so a quick question since this is specific to the Equinox,   How is the 2018-2020 Equinox with the 1.5 T and 9 speed trans flat tow capable but the GMC Terrian same years, same engine and trans NOT??   Anyone know the reason? 

I am looking at purchasing a 2017 AWD Equinox.  According to FMCA towing review for 2017.  This is total wheels down, but when I looked at the manual it says only the AWD 1.6 L diesel can be towed wheels down.  Is that true?