jecrans

Replacement of rocker light switches

New coaches are coming out with push-button light switches and for other functions. Has anyone changed their old wall rocker switches for these newer switches?

We want to do some decorating changes and it would help us if we could use the smaller-format switch. You may have seen them on Prevost conversions. Any advice on where I could buy them?

Guest BillAdams

Many of the push-button switches you may have seen (especially on Prevosts) are actually on/off switches that are connected to the on-board computer. You could not replace a standard rocker switch with this kind of a push button (usually about 1/2" square). They are great until something goes wrong and you are off to a service center to have a tech. read the computer and find where the issue might be.

Liberty Coach (a major Prevost converter) held to the one switch, one wire setup so if something goes wrong it's simply between the switch and the light. Our coach is wired that way and I really prefer the less complicated approach to the computer driven versions.

I thought that looking at the Newmar Mtn Aire pictures they had changed switch types. I guess like Brett said 'Pickup the phone and ask" Thanks guys