Sign in to follow this  
McGoo

Seeking washer recommendations

I looked at washers and dryers (separate units) last summer. We'd had a problem with our Splendide. Louise didn't want to give up the extra closet space so we elected to repair the old unit. I talked to a repairman and he recognized the problem immediately. He shipped the replacement board pronto and gave me the information I needed to do the replacement myself... problem solved.

Now, I had picked out two units (one washer, one drier) that fit our cabinet space which was my primary consideration. I did not consider LG because I purchased a TV a little over a year ago and found the instructions and operation to be about as obtuse as possible. So far it continues to work and the picture is fine but the menu operations are awkward and lacking features that I would expect in the cheapest TV's these days. I'd try the GE if that is your only other choice. By the way, LG is a renamed corporation, they used to be known as Goldstar, a third rate manufacturer. I think LG is an attempt to flee their previous reputation. I can't remember the models I found but the determination was primarily - would it fit?