Sign in to follow this  
jctelling@juno.com

Driving from Sacramento to Logan Utah

Question

We plan to drive our Fleetwood Excursion 39L, towing a GMC Acadia, to Logan, Utah, from Sacramento.

I noticed that there is a cutoff just after Wells that goes on to 233 then 30, then Hwy 84.

Has anyone taken that route? It looks as if it would save time as opposed to going through Salt Lake City.

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

John,

I don't have any experience with this route. We did take US 93 N out of Wells several years ago and found it to be a very serviceable highway. I looked at the route with my GPS program and it looks to be fairly straight and doesn't cross any high mountains so it should be a suitable route. As to road surface you would need to find someone with local knowledge. If we don't get a reply from someone on this web site you might go to the Nevada Department of Transportation web site. I can't find information about road surface but there is a phone number given that you might try. For the state of Utah, the Utah Department of Transportation, website also lists a road conditions phone number.

For my money, given the alternate route into Salt Lake City and then north on I-15 looks far less appealing. I'll always take the smaller, less traveled road when possible. Good luck with your trip.