Sign in to follow this  
DRJSTEVENS

outlets

I dont know much about outlets, A/C, D/C, inverters, etc....but im going to learm.  Is there a way to designate 1 outlet or two just to run 1 fan at night so as to NOT need to run the generator when there is no hook up?

If you have an inverter, very easy to determine:

With shore power disconnected, generator off, inverter on use some appliance to check which outlets are hot. And, the 120 VAC outlets look exactly the same as the ones in your home.

Another option is one of the 12 VDC fans.  Some of the higher quality ones are low enough draw that they can often be wired to your existing 12 VDC lights already in the area you where you want the fan.

Here is one: https://www.hellamarine.com/en/products/accessories/fans/turbo-fan.html

That one draws just slightly more than 1/2 amp.

1 hour ago, wolfe10 said:

If you have an inverter, very easy to determine:

With shore power disconnected, generator off, inverter on use some appliance to check which outlets are hot. And, the 120 VAC outlets look exactly the same as the ones in your home.

Another option is one of the 12 VDC fans.  Some of the higher quality ones are low enough draw that they can often be wired to your existing 12 VDC lights already in the area you where you want the fan.

Here is one: https://www.hellamarine.com/en/products/accessories/fans/turbo-fan.html

That one draws just slightly more than 1/2 amp.

I agree with wolfe10.  I'll just add that you likely have one or more cigarette lighter outlets in the coach that could be used to run a fan.  Either way, AC or DC, a small fan will not deplete your batteries overnight.  They will hardly notice the draw.