tireman9

Have you really inspected your tires?

Curious.  When were your tires last inspected by a tire tech?  I don't mean simple visual or tread depth measure. I mean close-up with work light. Feeling with a hand around 360° of both sidewall and around 360° of the tread.

While it is a bit harder to do with a Class-A than on a trailer but IMO the front tires are more critical on Class-A and a "Free Spin" as the link in THIS post shows, should be performed each year and each 3 to 5,000 miles starting at year 5 of tire age.

The manager or senior tech at a dealer/store that sells your brand tire is the one best trained to do an inspection. I would not expect this to be free as it should take at least 5 min and maybe 10 for each front since it would require each front tire to be lifted off the ground.

20 hours ago, manholt said:

When you say Class A, is that gas or DP?  

Gas or DP or even electric large Motorhome or Class-C or even Class-B. All could benefit from doing the close, detailed "free-spin" inspection as seen in the video. The video was done on a trailer RV so is relatively easy for an owner to do themselves. As you go up in tire size and RV weight the owner will probably need the assistance of a large floor jack only available at truck service locations. BUT the concept is the same.

When radial tires start to develop belt separations there are many times external visual clues. These can be spot or localized wear or out-of-round or lateral runout movement. This movement is almost undetectable if the tire is static. But as you can see in the video are very obvious if the tire is rotating even slowly.