Sign in to follow this  
billbarr

06 Alpine coach ignition12v electrical problem

2006 alpine coach has to power to any ignition electrical system.  Batteries have 12v and fuses checked good.  I can hear power turn on when chassis disconnect is turned on.

Even with charger hooked to chassis batteries there is no power to the ignition or dashboard.

billbarr,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Do you mean you have NO power with the ignition key is turned on?  So, Allison shift pad does not illuminate, dash HVAC fan does not work, etc?

If so the IGNITION SOLENOID is the first suspect.

My memory is a little vague, but start by pulling the panel in front of the passenger's side. At least on our 2003 Alpine, it was held in with velcro. Should be able to locate the ignition solenoid.

Let us know if you find it and have a voltmeter.  VERY easy to diagnose-- we can give the step by step if you need it.

Thank you for responding

I replaced the ignition solenoid in battery compartment.  No fix.  I opened the front panels and there was no solenoid up there, but did notice that the Power distribution panel only had 2 power lights on with the ignition on or off, nothing changed and there is zero power to the vmm below it.  There is power going into both units.  The vmm in the battery compartment seems to be working fine.  The tranny selector does come on with the Neutral light showing.  I do have a meter.

With the 2006, you have Vansco MULTIPLEX WIRING.  "Computer front and back".

I have no experience with these-- our 2003 had conventional wiring.

Always to hate to have someone come to one Forum and be referred to another, but this is where you need to post that question along with exactly what does and doesn't work.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f104/