jc@been-there.com

Roof Access

Since most RV's have a ladder leading to the roof, am I under the assumption that the roof will support a normal size adult if he or she wants to inspect the roof for any external faults which might lead to problems?

Since most RV's have a ladder leading to the roof, am I under the assumption that the roof will support a normal size adult if he or she wants to inspect the roof for any external faults which might lead to problems?

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

I agree with you that inspection of seams and roof-mounted equipment is a very good idea.

But whether all coaches (and more critically YOUR coach) are built to standards that support that concentrated weight on the roof is an ASSUMPTION that I would not make. I would VERIFY it with your coach manufacturer. I suspect it will be true for the majority of coaches, but not all. And weight of the individual, as you suggest, could very well play a role in the decision.

If you post what coach you have, you may get some information based on first hand experience.

Brett

Hello, Your Foretravel can support your weight on your roof, Just respect the sides, try to stay away from that area. A Foretravel roof is made with a 1 piece of metal, unlike some that are seamed.. cltisdale

ABSOLUTELY, the Foretravel roof is very well built and can support several people at the same time-- been there, done that. I installed two new roof A/C units a year ago and with two people and an A/C unit, no flexing at all, and it is a one piece fiberglass room, so no worries about tearing a rubber roof.

If the OP has a Foretravel, indeed that is the answer.

Brett

Beware of the ladder as well. Most RV ladders have a weight rating that will be listed in your owners manual. If you don't have the owners manual, contact the manufacturer or a dealer and ask for a weight rating for the ladder.

Beware of the ladder as well. Most RV ladders have a weight rating that will be listed in your owners manual. If you don't have the owners manual, contact the manufacturer or a dealer and ask for a weight rating for the ladder.

Mr. Butler, Mr. Wolfe, I have a Monaco. It is a '90 Crown Royal Signature model. I am a small chap of only 170lbs. Both of my other Class A [Georgie Boys] roofs, supported me with no problem.