Sign in to follow this  
swaghorn@bigpond.net.au

Renting a Class A Motorhome

Hi, there.

I was hoping someone could help me.

My husband and l are planning on coming over to the US/Canada in June 2011 (a 60th Birthday surprise for hubby!) and we are wanting to rent/hire a 40'+ RV.

We have actually had a couple of 40' coaches here in Australia and would love to tour a small part of Canada for about 3 weeks.

I have seen a two adverts online for companies that rent Class A vehicles. One is Goss RV and the other is All Star Coaches. I obviously have no way of finding out whether these are credible companies or if they have a good reputation. I also don't know if there are any other Rental Companies that may be able to help with our requirement.

We know that we want a luxury 40 - 42' vehicle with at least 3 slide outs. We were hoping to collect it from Vancouver (or Seattle if necessary) and then travel for approx 3 weeks thru the Rockies to Banff, Jasper etc and then return to Vancouver so we can take our cruise to Alaska.

We have traveled the USA a couple of times but have never been to Canada, so any advice on traveling thru this part would be helpful.

We are hoping that this will be a trip of a lifetime so any information or assistance would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Sue Waghorn

Hi Sue,

Welcome to the FMCA forum. If you GOOGLE "rv rental Canada Vancouver" you'll see many choices for you to sort through. An email, with your requirements, should bring responses from those companies that can meet your needs.

I realize that this thread is out of date, but I wanted to add some info for anyone else interested in renting a motorhome. Last year we signed up with http://privatemotorhomerental.com to rent out our Coach. We had 4 rentals last year and have 3 rentals signed up for this year. It has been a great experience and the renters have been families and after the rental was over it was as if we had made some new friends. They all returned the Coach in immaculate condition and the rental payments helped with our expenses of ownership.

I realize that this thread is out of date, but I wanted to add some info for anyone else interested in renting a motorhome. Last year we signed up with http://privatemotorhomerental.com to rent out our Coach. We had 4 rentals last year and have 3 rentals signed up for this year. It has been a great experience and the renters have been families and after the rental was over it was as if we had made some new friends. They all returned the Coach in immaculate condition and the rental payments helped with our expenses of ownership.

This may work fine for some but I have put so much work in major modifications to my coach, and its very personal, that I would almost rather rent out my toothbrush than my coach!