Bontrager

Water Heater

M Bontrager

I have a 2004 Damon Ultrasport 3679 on a Freightliner Chassis and had it winterized last fall. After I de-winterized it my hot water is not heating anymore when driving from the engine. Would there be a valve somewhere that would have been closed when they winterized the Coach. It works fine using electric

Welcome to the Forum.

Since the water heater works on electric are you talking about working on propane? If so have you checked to see if, when you had it winterized, they turned your propane off?

Herman

Bontrager,

Yes, welcome to the FMCA Forum.

If you are talking about Motor-aid, check for a valve in the engine room-- could also be one at the back of the water heater that would direct engine-heated water to dash heater core vs water heater. Start by checking the back of the water heater, as winterizing should not have affected engine-room components.

This would be a separate valve-- IF you have one.  It would be in the engine coolant line (i.e. engine coolant), not potable water line.

Normally, the hose from engine cooling system goes  to BOTH water heater (motor-aid) and to the dash heater core.

If is common to have a valve that allows you to divert all engine heated water to the dash heater core.  That is the valve, again IF you have one, to check.