Sign in to follow this  
Dthietje

2006 Monaco Windsor Chassis AC electrical problem

I have a 2006 Monaco Windsor that Chassis AC does not turn on from the dash controls. I have had my local mechanic check out everything mechanical and if he forces the ac condenser to run I get all kinds of cold air. But the front controls just don’t activate it and we’ve come to the conclusion that there is a problem in the wiring between the front controls and the ac unit at the engine. I have checked around but don’t know where to go to get it fixed. Right now I’m in Fort Myers Florida but am heading to Minnesota sometime this spring. Any suggestions?

Dthietje,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Assume you have an electric fan on your dash A/C condenser.  If so, very likely it is powered though a RELAY with the signal to close the relay coming from the dash switch-- perhaps directly, perhaps from the same wire as turns on the A/C compressor clutch.  Start by checking the RELAY.

Shouldn't be too difficult to trouble shoot and if is it a "signal problem" and if needed  to rig a "work around" such as relay being closed by power to the compressor clutch.

Dthietji, Because things work when the Mechanic forces things to run. It could be a common fuse that powers the compressor clutch and the blower motor- plus the evaporator cooling fan, Should the coach have a hydraulic cooling system to cool the evaporator. That leaves the fuse or a loose connection somewhere.

Good luck 

Rich.

Thanks for the reply. I’m not very mechanical so wouldn’t know where to look for the relay.  
will be looking for a fuse that runs the ac. Hopefully I can find the problem.