merleinspect

ISO Dinnette table custom replacement

Our 2018 Leprechaun dinette table is delaminating from the edges.  Thought it was 'solid' but alas; no.  My husband managed to heat and reattach the material.  This bought us some time but would like to find a solid multi-color (marble like), but light weight and bull-nosed with exact dimensions so the bed can still be use if needed.  Any insights or recommendations would be appreciated.

merleinspect,

Welcome to the Forum.

If your husband has the skill set he could make a top out of Plywood and cover it in a laminate. You can get it in in most any pattern you want. He could also strip to old top and do the same thing.  

Since he would like a bull nose edge he could make a top out of thin plywood with a 1 1/2" thick trim board, put on the bull nose and put a nice stain on it  followed by several coats of clear polyurethane to make it stain resistant.

Herman

I found a custom bath maker (Creative Bath), they made my shower, counter tops, and tale top for me out of man made marble. Was very reasonable and shaped and colored to my liking. It weighs about one fourth the weight of granite and has held up very well. As Herman said if someone has the skills, a plastic laminate top could be used and actually use real wood molding, stained and finished around the edges can also be used if a detailed edge is desired.

In remodeling my 2002 windsor coach dining area I had looked at a number of threads of great looking projects from fellow RVers with improved results. Really liked what Adoh did to his coach which I have been wanting to do something similar with the dining table and 2 chair set up in my coach for some time. We seldom if ever use it for eating. We use trays at our couch in front of the TV when we eat in, so the table just becomes a catch all and takes up valuable floor space. It stuck out in the walk way from the front and back of the coach as you passed through the kitchen. Even with the slide out it was in the way, but with the slide in it was really in the way and I ran into that thing several times while parked or leaving or sitting up for a trip. It had to go. I am really pleased with it. Love your stools. Where did you get them.

6836F0B1-07AF-44B4-8526-0CB91E579E5D.jpeg