dmctlc1237

BlueFire 9-Pin J1939/J1708 Green Bluetooth Android/Windows Adapter

Hi during the time I had a Georgetown V10 Class A gasser I've always brought along my Innova 3160G Diagnostic Scan tool in case I had issues with my MH or the toad. I might not be able to fix an issue on either, depending on the problem but at least I'll know what the issue is but now moving up to a 2018 Winnebago Forza 38W with it's Cummins 6.7l Diesel I find myself needing yet another Scan tool that can use the J1939 connector. I've been looking out there and have read on Bluefire 9-Pin J1939/J1708 Green Connector Bluetooth Android/Windows Adapter (about $180) with Bluetooth that basically runs off an app on my phone. I could leave this plugged in all the times and it seems to be able to supply my a wide variety of normal running information plus any faults with detail explanation of what can be done to help repair it plus resetting it once completed. So my question to those out there in the know, is there something better for about the same money? Has anyone used this particular Bluefire Adapter for this application and are you happy with it? If not why?  I'm open to any and every comments, good or bad so I can make up my mind. I want to thank everyone for their input. I tried to insert the URL for referencing but not sure if it worked so I'm including it here. https://bluefire-llc.com/store/9-pin-j1939j1708-500k-android-adapter

Edited by dmctlc1237

dmctic1237, Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

Not familiar with the Blue Fire setup or other apps.. From some questions and information posted. IMHO they are lacking in some apps, but some do tend to be better then others. More familiar with the Scan Gauge systems, VSM silver leaf and the OBD readers offered from automotive supply outlets to read the correct system codes, Apps tend to offer information on a running system, but lack in pinpointing many of the codes and information correctly.

Rich.