Sign in to follow this  
krissycutie&herdog

Hard wired and traveling

How can I stay hard wired while traveling in an RV. I work remotely and need to to be hard wired due to the programs we use, otherwise I will not have the ability to stay connected. We do use a VPN on our worksite, but it still must be a wired connection and I get $50 a month allowance. Air card or traveling modem? So confused.

Welcome to the forum! There is no way to take the hardwire with you while traveling. An air card  or traveling modem are both through cellular services. Although several services will provide you with a static IP address for enough money. I have set up many VPN's through cellular service and have not had any problems with it. Depending on the area that you connect, sometimes it is slower than other a dedicated hardwire.

You will have to really research your sites.  We are currently at Llano Grande Lake RV Resort and when we checked in they handed us a cable modem.  There not many place that provide that service or even the cable system that would support a internet connect.