Sign in to follow this  
betndavrv2

Need New Mattress

Looking to replace the mattress in our motorhome. Looking for a "short queen," 60x75x8 -- extra firm. Anybody have any suggestions other than Camping World's Sleep Number Mattress or Bed in a Box?

We also replaced our sleep number with a bed in a box full queen. Maybe not as firm as you want, but very comfortable.

What do people use for the pull out sofa beds? The " so called mattress" is only about 2" thick and very uncomfortable.

I also would like to replace the sleep number with a short queen. A regular mattress does not fit. Called them and they want to sell me a fix for the problem of dipping in the middle - no guarantee and no refund if it does not fix the problem!

Guest Wayne77590

I am totally happy with the mattress in my 2008 Winnebago. I did add a 2" foam topper to it also purchased at Walmart. I sleep like a baby on that system. Contact your MH manufacturer and see what they have to offer. Or, like stated, any mattress firm can custom make one for you.

Guest BillAdams
The best mattress we've ever had is a memory foam mattress. You can pay several thousand dollars if you like, or you can find several styles in almost any size configuration for a few hundered dollars at http://www.bedinabox.com/

I would have thought that to be correct in our case as well. Strangely enough, when we replaced our standard pillow-top with a memory foam mattress we were very disappointed. Due to the cost we are pretty much stuck with it but I really wish I had my old mattress back again. A mattress is not a mattress. Take a look at how much memory foam your mattress includes. They are not the same. We got as much as we could but I don't think an extra 2" would have made any difference.

Personally, I don't like memory foam. It makes me hot and sweaty.I move around to find a cool spot in the night. Trying to roll over on a memory foam is like trying to roll out of a ditch! Not that I've ever had to roll out of a ditch mind you but I think you know what I mean.

Any of the major Bed "Box" stores have them. We went to a store "Sleep Country" where we live. We bought a demo mattress from them. Pillowtop Queen. Nothing wrong with it. Full size queen though for $360.00.

The best mattress we've ever had is a memory foam mattress. You can pay several thousand dollars if you like, or you can find several styles in almost any size configuration for a few hundered dollars at http://www.bedinabox.com/regu

X2!!! We have the BedInABox PacBamboo 13" Queen Memory Foam Mattress at home and a standard queen, full length, regular mattress in the coach. My wife comments every time when we return home from a trip, how much she missed her BedInABox memory foam mattress. Needless to say, we are planning on replacing the coach mattress even though it is in good shape. Now I do find the BedInABox memory foam mattress a bit warm, and causes me to sweat a bit, in the summer months. But during the winter months, I hate to get out of it!!! And when I say, causes me to sweat, it is no where near as bad as a hospital mattress sweat wise!!! Foam and synthetic materials cause me to sweat really bad, but this memory foam is not bad in that respect! We have had the BedInABox mattress for 2 years now and are still very happy. The one concern I would have with putting it in a coach is the weight. It is a dense foam, so it is heavy! Getting it into the bedroom could be a problem also.