Kengineer

Huntsville AL->Pagosa Hot Springs->Arches NP->Canyonlands NP->Captol Reef NP->Grand Teton NP->Yellowstone ??

Question

Our family (4) got the first taste of RVing in December 2020 with a class C rental. We recently bought an Entegra Qwest and been practicing at area state parks. Trying to do this in a month, start date is fixed. Here is my newbie idea of itinerary. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

June 12th - Depart early

June 14th - PagosaHotSprings resort- via I70W-> arrive in the morning and spend a night at resort

June 15th-June 19th -> attempt  Arches NP->Canyonlands NP->Captol Reef NP->Grand Teton NP

June 19th-June24th -> Yellowstone Madison campgrounds (confirmed reservation)

June 24th-July 11th-> Not planned. Return date is flexible

On 7/11/2021 at 9:22 AM, elkhartjim said:

Oh to be young again. You did a 3-4 month trip for me in less than a month. You saw some beautiful country and now that you've been, pick out 3 or 4 of those places to go back and spend the same amount of time. 

It didn't feel rushed except for getting to Colorado Springs from Huntsville  and coming back home from Minnesota. For me driving 10 hours in a day was not that bad. The RV drove like a car and probably drove it like a car on the freeways. Most miles I did in one day was about 700+ miles. Hopefully full self driving RV will be a thing within 10 years and can sleep at night while the RV drives itself to a destination. Yeah going back to Yellowstone+Grand Tetons and will add Glacier in the future. I think the next trip will be in the Fall to explore the north east and FL keys in December.