gfarcher

Tires for 2004 Monaco Diplomat

My tires are 6+ years and so it is time to replace them ... Houston Area suggestions ... which do you recommend ... Goodyear (which currently are on my coach) or Michelin?

George

I have received excellent service and competitive pricing on our motorhome tire replacements (2 set over the last 12 years because of age) in the Houston area from : http://www.strouhaltire.com/

We have 149,000 troublefree miles on Michelins on our coach, so I am partial to Michelin tires, but others like their Goodyears.

Brett

Hi gfarcher,

Welcome to the FMCA forum. This is another vote for Michelin. We have the same size tires. Mine are XZE2+ load range J.

My friend had me help look for him. We found Goodyear G670, Michelin, Firestone, and Toyo. The Michelin were over $2300.00, the Toyo were about $1600.00 for the 255 70 22.5. The others were priced in the middle. He only drives from MN to far south TX one trip a year and will never get 60,000 miles in 6 years so he is going with the over the road truck tires from Toyo. I had G670's put on at the dealer before I would buy this unit 5 years old. My tires have no wear rivering or cupping and if I keep the air at about 100-105 the ride on the Monaco 8 air bag suspension is quite acceptable.

I don't put miles on like Brett but have about 77,00 on this 2003 and I would not drive it without the run flat system that I have on the front tires.

Don 2003 Monaco Dynasty....

I replaced my Michelin tires with Toyo and saved over $800. I've only had them out for one trip so my experiece is limited but the ride is just as good as the Michelins.