roadking

Not a Happy Camper

On our recent trip to Myrtle Beach my wife and I were out and decided to stop for something cold to drink. Pulled in shut off the truck order drinks when they arrived went to restart the truck and it's a no go. Batteries are to low to start it. So I call Roadside Rescue, Dispatcher asks for my FMCA #, then color of truck, how many miles, how long it is, I'm thinking why the devil does she need information like that for a jump. After all that she tells me my truck isn't covered only my 5th wheel. I explain the policy and she says she will go ahead and process but them says it won't allow her to do so. It will cost me $59 for a jump. I unhappily agreed. Tells me the company will text me when they are on their way. After close to 30 minutes I get a text that they will be there in 60 to 90 minutes after waiting almost 2 hours I get a call from the tow company saying he will be there in 20 to 25 minutes after 30 more minutes I call the tow company, they will check where he is and call me back, 10 minutes later he shows up and in less than 2 minutes the truck is started. He tells me he was told I was in a motorhome and that was what he was looking for. So this morning I call FMCA customer service to straighten this mess out. I have called 3 times and gotten the same message all three times "leave a message and phone number and we will get back to you"

. With customer service like this I'm beginning to think I should have gotten Roadside Rescue from somewhere else. After allowing tow behinds to be part of this organization it seems the program hasn't quite gotten all the kinks worked out. 

That is their new NORM . . . No one ever calls back . . . They all hide behind voicemail . . . . Worst thing ever invented. I'm still waiting for a call back from 9 months ago about a question I had with Tech Connect . . . No one ever responded.

But boy do they want your $$$ at renewal time.

By the way I got one of these Jump Box

Edited by sstgermain

Same thing exactly happened to me. After waiting two hours my wife found someone to give us a jump start. The roadside company doesn’t seem to know that all our vehicles are part of the package. FMCA did answer my call said they would take care of it and call me back. No call back. It happened last may. Will get new service once this one runs out.