C-938262

Best wifi for RV

I read so many things about Wi-Fi for R v's instead of these. Can somebody explain to me what's the best way to get where to get Wi-Fi service in your RVB for the best price.. Our phone service plans don't have tethering or the ability to hotspot Wi-Fi. Every time I read something else it gets more complicated I just want Wi-Fi so we can watch Netflix, and use our computers.  We have dish TV on our roof but this says they don't have have the capability of Internet access We have dish TV on our roof but this says they don't have have the capability of Internet access

Welcome to the Forum.

I have Sprint Connect from FMCA to we use in the house for Netflix. I also have Verizon MiFi that I use both at home (for the computer) and in the Motorhome (for the computer and Netflix). Both work well for us. 

Herman

C,

Saw your post on other thread about satellite internet.  We also have dish.  I don't know what phone service you have but we recently upgraded to iPhone 12 with AT&T.  We have their unlimited plan with hot spots on each phone.  Cost for cell service and unlimited is about 140-150 a month depending if you get a discount or not.  

We have the Fire TV Stick 4 K and when it is hooked to the hot spot we can stream the same things any internet connectivity can stream.

Also, for the Dish Wally we have the Dish WiFi adapter that can be purchased at Walmart plugged into the USB port.  It is connected to the hot spot and we get Netflix on channel 302.

There are other options out there and the above is what we use.

We are a 55 yo and 60 yo couple. We have the 55 plus plan unlimited everything thru tmobile for our smart phones. Each phone has a hotspot but that caps at around 4 gigs then they throttle it way down so it's not acceptable for streaming or uploading. That plan cost us 70 bux a month total. For our TV streaming needs and gaming we have the tmobile hotspot thru fmca which is unlimited with no throttling. That plan is 50 bux a month. So our needs are met for 120 bux a month.