randall

Cat generator blowing oil from dipstick tube/filler tube

2006 Cat generator/Power Tech is blowing oil from dipstick tube. I can seal that off. per service tech at Power tech, but then it starts leaking from oil filler pipe. Not a huge amount but enough to puddle up on top of cover. I think the crankcase vent must be stopped up but I've looked everywhere and can't locate a vent tube. Some vent from top of valve cover but this one does not. It will also leak some out after sitting a few days. Has anyone else had this issue?

I don't have any experience with that brand generator. It may not Have a vent to the atmosphere like the older diesel's did. I would try to find a parts breakdown and see if you can find it. 

Bill

11 minutes ago, wildebill308 said:

I don't have any experience with that brand generator. It may not Have a vent to the atmosphere like the older diesel's did. I would try to find a parts breakdown and see if you can find it. 

Bill

I looked thru the manual from Power Tech. It just gave me the options that it could be. 

Thanks

6 hours ago, randall said:

I looked thru the manual from Power Tech. It just gave me the options that it could be. 

Thanks

Good let us know what you find. 

Bill