johnwhit1

johnwhit1

I need recommendations for my Class A Holiday Rambler Vacationer Ford F53 22,000 GVWR.  My Class A shakes, rattles, and rolls. A technician has recommended Sumo Springs.  Has anyone tried this and can recommend. Or any other recommendations will be appreciated. Thanks, John

What year?

Have you tried the "CHF" (Cheap Handling Fix) moving the links on both swaybars closer to the axle?  That fixes the roll.  Originally my MH felt top heavy especially when rounding a corner.  The CHF took all that out at no cost except for the labor but you should also replace the swaybar bushings because the original bushings won't hold up to the added strain.

I replaced the stiff OEM Bilstein shocks on my 2004 F53 with Koni FSD shocks and have been a lot happier with the ride.  The tar strips on many highways are brutal these days.  Arizona likes to put up signs announcing "Rough Road" ahead instead of shaving them off.

John, need a bit more information.

Year of RV.

Have you checked your shocks, checked all bushings including stabilizer, balanced your tires, had tires inspected, had RV aligned. These are less expenses than before going to Sumo Springs.

Herman

On 9/27/2022 at 7:03 AM, hermanmullins said:

John, need a bit more information.

Year of RV.

Have you checked your shocks, checked all bushings including stabilizer, balanced your tires, had tires inspected, had RV aligned. These are less expenses than before going to Sumo Springs.

Herman

Herman is absolutely correct, you gotta check all of those things first, because putting Sumo’s brings on it and having bad bearings bushings and other things does nothing but waste your money and waste your time. There is no fix for preventative maintenance when it comes to bushings and bearings.  

Also, while you’re under there, check those king pins and make sure they are good, I would also install centrifugal rings on your front and rear axles, but at minimum your front   so