raypesek

FMCA mailing out loyalty rebate checks?

Sounds like a scam, right? But there are several posts on iRV2 that it's not. One person said they got a check for $177 but the check bounced and had to be replaced, which deposited OK.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/fmca-check-bounced-595059.html

Anyone else here get a rebate check from FMCA for being a loyal customer with the hotspot, they sent me a check for $177 and I deposited it and it bounced! I contacted them and they said there was suspicious activity on their account and they were taking care of it.

Right after I got the email about losing the two free nights a month at the FMCA campground? Someone needs to work on their timing...

Ray

First I've heard of this. Scammers are like flies, they're everywhere and annoying.  IMO, that deposited check, might have cracked opened a back-door into their bank account.

If I get anything unsolicited, I  call the company directly and ask, or simply trash it.

Edited by rayin

Three of the people on that thread said they called FMCA and confirmed it. They also appear to have confirmed they are FMCA members. If this is a scam, and that's a big "if", then the FMCA may have lost some member contact information.