Sign in to follow this  
hopmarcollinfam

Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems?

Hi Folks!

Research on TPMS systems makes me think that aftermarket systems were not well thought out. All, but one that I have found, require removal of the wheel sensor in order to air up the tire. Most of the sensors simply screw onto the valve stem just like a valve cap however to help prevent loss they have a secondary lock method such a locking screw. NOW removing them to air up the tire becomes a PAIN!

I have found the "Tire Stat" TPMS system has a through the sensor system, that allows airing your tire up through the sensor. Just remove a valve cap and add or remove pressure. Seems like a lot better approach to me. Does anyone have actual experience with this system? Is it worth it?

I found a complete kit at "Tweety's" way cheaper than anywhere else. Any help in this area would be appreciated. Thanx. HF Hop Collin

There have been several discussions of tire pressure monitors. You might want to review some of the previous discussions. On the second menu line above you will see a button labeled SEARCH. If you click that button and type in "pressure monitors" you will get a listing of previous discussions. Not all of these will be relevant. You could also search for Tire Stat or search by the manufacturing company name to see if you get any hits on that specifically. I know that many different systems have been discussed. Not having any experience with Tire Stat, that is the best I can do for you.