RonaldNC

Universal Air Coupler

My 2009 Monaco has an "Universal Air Coupler" located in the front of the motorhome. The owner's manual says:

"This female fitting will accept type C automotive connectors. This auxiliary air fitting may be used to inflate tires, air mattresses or other pneumatic items."

My question is... could I use this to inflate my motorhome tires, instead of my compressor?

Thanks,

Ron

Ron,

Yes, that fitting is driven by our engine-mounted compressor, then goes through the air dryer, so it is "good air".

As long as the PSI you need is below the cut-out PSI of your on-board air system, you can use it instead of carrying an additional compressor.

Brett

We have the same fitting in our 2004 Windsor and also had it in our 1994 Dynasty. It is a great on-board air resource that I use all the time. I carry enough hose and the necessary fittings to inflate tires on the motor home and the toad. That way I can inflate my tires to proper pressure before driving in the morning. I also find the pressure useful for blasting various dirt sources with a shot of air from an air jet which I can attach to the hose. This is good for cleaning out those impossible to reach places under the air conditioner hoods and clearing cob webs from the furnace and hot water heater gas burners.

My front tires are inflated to 110 pounds which is the cut-in for the pressure system so I inflate other tires until the system cycles and then while it is cycling up to 130 pounds I can inflate the front tires to the needed pressure. Once our system reaches 130 it cycles off and drops back to 110 so I go back to checking/inflating other tires.