Sign in to follow this  
donjlong

KOA Virgina Beach - Unleashed Menacing Dogs - Uncaring Management

The Virginia Beach KOA holds themselves as a "High End Family Friendly Resort"; the reality is far different from the advertisements!

During a recent weeklong stay at the Virginia Beach KOA, my six-year-old grandson, small Boston Terrier, and I were attacked/menaced/threatened by two large, unleashed, and completely uncontrolled dogs belonging to a full-time resident of the resort (one appears to be a pit). The owner of the dogs failed to take any meaningful action during this incident and in fact, simply stood on his porch screaming at the dogs while telling me not to walk my dog on his street. The city of Virginia Beach has a leash law and the RV resort has policies to address this irresponsible behavior; the resident was clearly in full violation of the law and resort policies.

It became obvious when reporting this to local management that they were fully aware of the safety issue and legal violations prior to the event, took no meaningful actions to prevent it from occurring, and did little after my incident report.

Keep in mind that this Virginia Beach KOA is a VERY HIGH-END and EXPENSIVE location and advertises themselves as a "Family Friendly Resort"; NOT SO MUCH. 

After receiving far less than satisfactory actions from local management, I contacted KOA corporate only to receive the same lack of interest and inaction.

This was a very serious guest safety incident and should have been treated as such! Prior knowledge of an existing guest safety threat with total inaction to remedy it, places KOA in a legal liability position responsible for any and all incident damages related to that guest safety threat.

Edited by donjlong
Spelling corrections