Guest Wayne77590

Oasis RV Resort, Amarillo, TX

Guest Wayne77590

A big thanks to my friend Jim (Well I hope he is) for referring me to the Oasis RV Resort in Amarillo, TX.

First, when I called and made reservations, the nice person on the phone said to make sure that when I arrive to tell whoever is on the desk that I am a VIP. Being a VIP get's you 20% off just about everything. One example is the breakfast. Instead of $7+ it's $5+ .

Did I say "breakfast!" It's more like a feast. Order anything they have, and as much as you can possibly eat, for that one price. I'm sure glad I didn't overindulge and only had one omelet, two pieces of bacon and two pieces of toast, along with about 12 oz. of OJ. They also have BBQ nightly. With fair pricing.

Did I say fair pricing? How's this. Spend two nights and get the third night free. VIP Pricing, $20 a night with FHU. And, laundry is 50 cents and drying time is 50 cents for 1 hour.

Now, if you are the type that likes to shower with your neighbors, shave with them, and other necessary items, than this is NOT the place for you. The rest rooms are completely private with triple locks on the door. One high, one middle and one low (deadbolts). Private toilet, private vanity, and a private shower. The only improvement that I would make would be to put a raised, slatted, wooden platform, about 2 inches high where the dressing seat is located. It would be nice to get off the wet floor from the shower. There's always the hot tub or pool area.

I did mention FHU, but forgot to say that you can wash your RV's, or you can pay $50 and have someone here do it for you.

Do you need repairs. RV Repair shop is on-site, and they will come to your rig.

They are basing their business on volume, and for what you get, the volume looks to be good. We have been here for 4 nights and it gets a lot of RV's coming in late in the afternoon, but there are plenty of sites still vacant.

I cannot continue to list the features of Oasis RV Resort so click on the link and check it out for yourself.

I sure can recommend it. Oh! It is 25 miles to Palo Duro Canyon entrance, and don't miss the nightly musical drama, "Texas."

Guest BillAdams

Yep, been there, done that! Great place. I did miss some of the amenities you mention (maybe they did not exist several years back) but it was a great park and a nice jumping off point from which to visit the Canyon.

Guest Wayne77590

Xplorer,

I do post on RVPark Reviews, but I typically wait until I leave. I was still sitting at Oasis when i posted this. Watch for a short review on RVP Rev.