bobandgerilowry@aol.com

Windshield Wiper Lost

While driving through a rain storm in Michigan, we lost our wiper on the passenger side. We are now near Luddington, Michigan, on the Lake Michigan coast, headed for Grand Rapids on Thursday, July 15. Any advice for us newbies on where to begin our search? We have a 2008 Safari Simba. Many thanks.

Bob and Geri Lowry 817-368-4374 bobandgerilowry@aol.com

While driving through a rain storm in Michigan, we lost our wiper on the passenger side. We are now near Luddington, Michigan on Lake Mich coast, headed for Grand Rapids on Thursday, July 15th. Any advise for us newbies on where to begin our search? We have a 2008 Simba Safari. Many thanks, Bob and Geri Lowry 817-368-4374 bobandgerilowry@aol.com

When you state,"you lost the passenger side wiper," just what is the problem? Wiper blade, linkage, and or wiper transmission?

Just a thought, but maybe you could try a heavy-duty truck dealer/shop if it's a wiper blade.

The original post is a month old and probably been solved by now. I add this only because everyone will need to replace wipers at some point.

My MH baldes were an odd size not found in auto parts stores or places like Wal-Mart. Instead of paying twice the price thru an RV dealer for OEM blades, I decided to get a pair that were an inch shorter thru an auto parts store.

I've gone thru three sets and they work perfectly. So if you find yourself in a similar situation, know that you don't have to buy the more expensive OEM blades nor do you have to go with the exact length. If they get rid of the rain on the part of the windshield that you are looking thru, then it's a match.