sdgarfield

CPAP Shelfs

My wife and I have been looking for a Class A. We currently have a fifth wheel. We both use CPAP's and having a place to put our CPAP's along the bed is important. Are 2014 Fifth Wheel didn't but our 2020 does We have been surprised to find some new Class A's don't have any provision for a CPAP. I'm thinking we are not the minority? Kind of surprised this is not a standard by now.

I guess I'm confused regarding "provisions" for a cpap.

I have been using one in a fith wheel, 2008 mh, and now the 2015 mh. The 2015 has a side shelf about the size of the cpap machine. I don't use the humidifier so just the CPAP portion itself. Plug it into the 110v outlet and away I go.  If I loose power the inverter for the Mh kicks in and the CPAP doesn't even hiccup.. My CPAP is a 2007 vintage.

I'm about to get a new one so don't know what I'll encounter. 

I added a shelf using matching wood and stain. Also, I bought the 12vdc converter to adapt my CPAP, and installed a 12vdc outlet for it.  Most auto parts stores will have them. We had 12vdc power below the bed. This setup eliminates about 15% loss in efficiency of the RV inverter. I have operated mine with the humidifier for 3 days without drawing the house batteries too low.