raibourn

End Cap Separating from Sidewall

I have a 2017 Thor Aria.  The front end cap is separating from the sidewall just in front of the entry door.  See image.  It appears to be a relatively simple fix, but I would appreciate input those more knowledgeable before I start this project.   It appears that I can remove the molding then replace the broken screws and probably add some additional screws for security.  This would also require adhesive to reattach the molding and then seal with a good sealer to prevent any moisture intrusion.  Any thoughts and or ideas would be appreciated.  I am reasonably handy but have not attempted this type of problem.  Any suggestions about how to accomplish the task up to and including "have it done by a pro would be greatly appreciated".

endcap.jpg

You should be able to do it yourself. There should be a thin cover in the center of the trim piece. Look at the end it might be easier to see. You carefully open it so you can get access to the screws. I would use a quality stainless screw just go bigger in diameter than what is there. I would also add at least one extra in between the existing ones. Well, it depends how far the originals are apart. More is better. 
Let me know what you find.

Bill