2ontheroad

Bedroom slide out Gears

We have an issue with the bedroom slide. Extending out and pulling in, at least half the times the slide gears do not stop. The slide stops at full extension in or out, but gears continue and you can hear the rapid clicking. Sometimes, when pulling the slide in, I need to start it manually with a turn of the socket wrench,  then it will operate and pull in. 

How do I determine the real issue?

What are best maintenance routines & products for gears?

Thanks!

Karen

2008 Safari Simba, Workhorse 36PCT

20170102_165807.jpg

Welcome to the FMCA discussion forums!  Please frequent these discussion forums and ask questions or just share your advice and  experiences.

Without knowing the brand and model of your slide room mechanism,  I'd guess the limit switches need adjusting, which requires someone with the knowledge  and experience with that brand mechanism.

Once you know the brand/model you can go to their website and download the service manual, which includes a troubleshooting section.

Edited by rayin

The sales brochure or the owners manual should identify the brand of slide mechanism, or perhaps there is a sticker on the motor with that information. Another source might be one of the replies in this thread.

Edited by rayin