gandb

Anyone switch to T-Mobile hotspot

I'm thinking of switching my TechConnect+ AT&T hotspot to their new T-Mobile plan. I was wondering if anyone has gone to the T-Mobile plan and how do you like it.

1 hour ago, gandb said:

I'm thinking of switching because AT&T is only 4g LTE. The T-Mobile plan is 4g LTE and 5g.

You do realize 5G is only actually available in cities and population centers, due to antenna requirements.

Quote:
"Low-band 5G is a blanket layer for nationwide coverage, and is slightly faster than 4G LTE. Mid-band 5G tends to be available in major metro areas, and its data speeds can be up to 6x faster than 4G. High-band 5G can be 10x faster than 4G LTE. To receive this service, a consumer needs to be very close to a tower. We believe the best 5G map is one that shows where users are actually receiving 100Mbps consistently."

source: https://broadbandnow.com/national-5g-coverage-map

Edited by rayin

I know all that. Where I stay has T-Mobile 5g towers. I used to have Sprint and always hit 5g. Besides that on AT&T I've only been getting downloads of 11 to 15, once I hit 19.

Edited by gandb

Which level of 5G is available there? It if's low-band, why spend the money to switch?? 4G is going to be here for decades yet. The Major carriers say they will keep 4G until 5G (and its 3 levels) is available nationwide.

Then again, It's your money to spend as you wish.

Edited by rayin