ganoll1

Slideout jumping gears

Hi all, I am new to the forum and mostly read other posts for information, but now I am hoping someone can help me with a problem. I have a 2006 Fleetwood Expedition 34H and the living room slide is having an issue when fully extended. This slide is the one that is over the floor and drops down when extended. Just recently, when I tried to retract the slide, the side behind the driver's seat moved fine, but the other side below the fridge would not move and I could here clicking noises. 

I spent a lot of time under the slide and found that the drive gear on the outer rail to the back of the coach was not fully seated in the teeth when the slide is extended. If I jack that side of slide up the gear becomes fully engaged and I can retract the slide normally. So it appears the slide rail is tipping slightly toward the outside causing the rail to lift slightly and the gear to not be fully engaged.

Anyone else have this issue, or does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Hey Bill, thanks for responding. I can't see any way to adjust anything other than the bracket that attaches to the outside of the slide, and it is adjusted all the way up. I was thinking maybe the Roller wheels are worn down, there are two sets of them on each rail. One set near the drive gear and another set half way out the rail to the outside of the slide.

The other thought I had was that the inner slide rail has some sort of shim on the end to prevent it from tilting as it moves out out the outer slide tube. I might go ahead and support the slide and remove the inner slide rail to see if there is something there.

Not having much luck with Fleetwood answering my questions.

Just got the parts diagram from Fleetwood and there are rollers on the very end of the slide rail. Perhaps they are broken and allowing the end of the rail to move up at the end of the extensions. It's the area B below

image.thumb.png.67d4d622f21f2793834f9ea207c0e91c.png

Edited by ganoll1

Now that I think about it, I don't believe I can get the rail out without removing the slide from the RV. The wall of the slide hangs down and blocks the rail from coming out.

Edited by ganoll1

FWIW, when I had slide room problems with a new 5er we bought. The selling dealer flat told me, our technicians so seldom work on slide room mechanisms they cannot retain their skills of working on them. I recommend you take your RV to the factory service dept. for proper adjustment and repairs. I did, and everything was repaired properly; I never had another problem after the factory work was completed.

Yes it was a long drive, but when we arrived they had RV parking W/elec. outside the repair facility. After their work day was done, they moved my RV to one of those sites. Next morning they came got it. Two days later I was on my way home.

Can you see the rollers using a mirror and flashlight? I would look for bent or broken rollers or the shaft they are on. Look for how they are attached.

Bill