wdeleo

BMW Brake Controller

I’m having trouble finding a brake controller for my 2025 BMW X5.  When I find a brake controller, it seems that there are no wiring harnesses for the BMW. I had the towing package installed at the factory, so it seems that there should be a way to do it. Has anyone successfully installed a brake controller for this vehicle?  If so, which one and how was it installed?  

15 hours ago, wdeleo said:

I’m having trouble finding a brake controller for my 2025 BMW X5.  When I find a brake controller, it seems that there are no wiring harnesses for the BMW. I had the towing package installed at the factory, so it seems that there should be a way to do it. Has anyone successfully installed a brake controller for this vehicle?  If so, which one and how was it installed?  

I think you are confusing a brake controller for your 2025 BMW X5 with a auxiliary brake system. Like  the Air Force One Braking System, or some of the outher ones heare. https://www.demco-products.com/rv-towing/supplemental-brakes/air-force-one. Blue Ox has a couple to.

Bill

You might also check M&G braking systems for towed vehicles. The towing package installed in your vehicle is probably for towing a trailer with your vehicle.

You will most likely have to install a wiring system for your tail/ brake lights as well.

Edited by campcop

To clarify, I am using the BMW X5 to tow a travel trailer.  I’m trying to install a brake controller in the BMW to control the brakes of the trailer.