bcullifer

NC to Salem Ma.

This will be our second trip. Taveling in our 39 Ft Berkshire MH. Need help with the best way to get there around most of the tolls as problem. We are leaving from Pinehurst, NC and headed to Salem, MA. We don't want to go to DC or New York if possible. I would like to go to Greensboro, NC to Allentown PA. I guess that's US 81.

Any help would be great,

Thanks in advise/

Bill 

Get a E-ZPass one for the coach and one for the toad. When towing put the pass for the toad in the foil envelope so it can't be read. Then it is charged at a lower rate as a trailer.

I would go up I-81 Take what ever route you like to get up to/pick upv287. I would use I-287 to cross the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge. Then get back on I-95 North.

Bill

Okay, I have the NC Quick Pass, not the EZ-pass. Ordered it from North Carolina by phone. The NC Quick Pass is accepted at all EZ -Pass tolls. The NC Quick Pass covers 19 states. When I talked with them on the phone, and this was several years ago, I told them it was for the Motorhome and that I was towing a car. The lady told me that I would be receiving a transponder and a window sticker and not to install the window stick in the car.  The toll system would compensate for the extra axle(s).  I was also told that I could transfer the transponder between vehicles. I paid for the extra device for the windshield of the TOAD and transferred the transponder back and forth at will. I never had a problem and just followed what I was told I could do. The window sticker stayed here at the S&B. I still have the same account with them and used the transponder last year in Indiana.

Florida was a little different as there were certain toll roads that would not accept the NC Quick Pass and others that would. Just had to keep an eye on the signs. 

I do realize that things may have changed when I received mine but it might be all about who you talk to when applying for the pass.

Edited by wayne77590

I have never purchased an EZ Pass. Can I purchase it in the state of NC and it be used in all the states that I'm going though up to Mass.

And how much are we talking about for an EZ Pass. I will be toading my car behind me.

I do want to go up 81 and for sure bypass New York.

Thanks for any help

Bill

You don’t want the sticker, you want the transponder.

It’s $6.99 and then you populate your account. When the fund drop down to a specified dollar amount the will re-populate from your cc or bank account.

now do explain towing a car behind a motor home. If you ha a transponder or sticker on the RV and a stickeri in the car you will be charged twice instead of y the axles.

That is why you take the transponder off the toad when it is being toad and place it in the foil envelope so it can't be read. Then it is charged like a trailer at a lower rate.

Bill

I only have one transponder so it’s a no brainer.

When I’m not using the MH I put it in the car, and when I’m ready to tow it goes back in the MH.

Edited by wayne77590