VanToliver

91 Monaco Signature Series Diesel Pusher

Purchased this 91 Monaco Signature Series Diesel Pusher a week ago..1 owner w/81,000.

Been stored 10 years and started 5 years ago..

After new batteries and some air in the new dry rotted tires..It started right up,  diesel generator started also...Couldn't be happier with this coach.

Absolutely like new even after 33 years...Thanks for looking..

Screenshot_20240514_194403_Facebook.jpg

20240618_130920.jpg

20240618_131039.jpg

Screenshot_20240618_133559_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20240618_133607_Messenger.jpg

So, your thread about the starter seized is wrong?  You might want to have it deleted.

My MH had been parked in a barn for 8 yrs,  New batteries was the main issue too. It is a 2000 and had 21,000 on the odometer.

Edited by rayin

Got everything going, tires are next..Charged roof ac's..Charged dash ac.  New mattress and bedding 🛌...Serviced entire coach...

Loving every minute 💕 💓 

Screenshot_20240620_222659_Gallery.jpg

Man that looks great!  Those years were the heyday of well-built luxury MH's; very few electronics to go bad either. About the only thing that cannot be upgraded to modern stuff is electronics that control everything.  I had a friend that took his 1978 Bluebird back the factory and had both chassis and coach completely updated and  refurbished. In effect he too had a new MH while paying taxes and insurance on a 30 yr old one.

As to new tires, look at many different brands; I chose Sailun truck tires, they are constructed like Michelin truck tires but made in Vietnam.

Keep up the excellent work.

I really hate to brag but my 91 Monaco Signature Series Diesel Pusher amazes me every day on the quality and construction of it...Haven't taken a trip just yet but got all the bugs that were in it (mechanical) out since it sat for over 10+ years...Simply Amazing Coach...thanks 

Screenshot_20240620_222659_Gallery.jpg

Edited by VanToliver
Update

On 7/22/2024 at 8:06 AM, superbus said:

As an owner of an older coach too, I think that is a great price (quality of insurance notwithstanding).  I am sure you've already inquired about adjusting your deductible to lower your premium, otherwise you'll just need to start making calls.  I use Allstate and have been pleased, but I am certain that is 99% due to my agent being spectacular.  I guess therein lies my advice.  If you like your agent, I'd be wary about changing.  Remember, they are your advocate (or should be), the carrier does not want to pay for anything.  I am sure I can get lower rates on everything I have insured, but you can build a good relationship with an agent over a few decades that can really make a difference when you need your insurance to come through.

Thanks