VanToliver

Insurance Coverage

Recently purchased a 1991 Monaco Signature Series Diesel Pusher..My insurance  (Geico) is too much...$950..

Give me some ideas on where to check..

Thanks

As an owner of an older coach too, I think that is a great price (quality of insurance notwithstanding).  I am sure you've already inquired about adjusting your deductible to lower your premium, otherwise you'll just need to start making calls.  I use Allstate and have been pleased, but I am certain that is 99% due to my agent being spectacular.  I guess therein lies my advice.  If you like your agent, I'd be wary about changing.  Remember, they are your advocate (or should be), the carrier does not want to pay for anything.  I am sure I can get lower rates on everything I have insured, but you can build a good relationship with an agent over a few decades that can really make a difference when you need your insurance to come through.

$950 is a steal, even for an older coach.  Get another estimate and compare price versus coverage.

Progressive Insurance has treated me right.  They have a reducing deductible, if you have no claims it can reduce to $0 over time.  I've had 2 claims in the past 3 years and my annual Ins. bill is $1,080 this year. Beginning next year deductible begins reducing again. BTW, it's best go through an independent Ins. agent IMO, this way you have someone you can actually converse with, not chat on the computer.