tireman9

Continued Virus Warnings

Our external hosting compay detected a malicious embed a few weeks ago, and it was removed. It looks like Norton Safe Web has cached that threat.

So, rest assured: All is well.

Our external hosting compay detected a malicious embed a few weeks ago, and it was removed. It looks like Norton Safe Web has cached that threat.

So, rest assured: All is well.

Glad to hear the virus was removed. Has anyone made an attempt to contact Symantec so they update their warnings?

Guest Wayne77590

Clear your internet cache, history and cookies and the warning should go away. Remember that if you clear your cookies, any information for a site you wanted to remember will be gone.

Most browsers cache the web pages. It is quite possible that when you bring up a web page again that it retrieves it from the cache. Clicking on reload usually will get the latest and greatest.

I had the same thing happen to me on my Windows laptop. After I cleared all, it did not indicate a problem. The iMAC is not bothered by Java Script viruses so they are not affected.

I'm afraid that getting the site cleared by Norton isn't as simple as clearing your browser cache; merely hoping that the ISP's actions will clear up this problem won't work, either.

Norton SafeWeb downloads a new report from Symantec on each URL call. SafeWeb will continue to report this problem against the FMCA site until the site administrator adds some code and requests Norton to perform a new site scan.

The site administrator is the only person who can authorize Norton to perform that scan; that's why Norton requires specific code to be added, and the only one who can do that is the site administrator.

I uploaded the specific URL in a previous posting; hopefully, FMCA won't ignore this.

SafeWeb will continue to report this problem against the FMCA site until the site administrator adds some code and requests Norton to perform a new site scan.

Yes, working on it with Norton.

Guest BillAdams

Sounds like another huge scam by Norton! Another reason I never recommend anyone use Norton and I further recommend that anyone who currently has Norton remove it.