Sign in to follow this  
skyking8

Pilot vs Flying J

I received some info that Pilot Travel Centers was going to honor the Flying J RV card. You must use the RV lane to get the fuel discount. Does pilot have thsoe things?

Guest BillAdams

Most Pilots have their diesel for autos (us) at the regular fuel islands.

I understand that Pilot owns Flying J so their plan to recognize the card would not be a surprise. In my experience I have not seen RV islands in Pilot stations. Also since my coach is a gasser, I have to go to the car side in Pilot and maneuvering space can be a problem. I am not partial to any brand, just to places that give me room to maneuver and seem to value my business which is mostly FJ.

I received the same letter maybe a month ago. As I recall the letter indicated that Pilot would be adding RV lanes in the future. I'm sure that will be a slow process if it happens but perhaps we'll see them start to appear in the next year or two! They certainly would be welcome.

I'd love to see some design improvements on the Flying J RV lanes. The Flying J lanes are better than regular service pumps but nowhere near as good as truck pumps. A straight through lane with pull ahead space to stop while paying would be a huge improvement. It would also be nice to have at least one large capacity nozzle at each installation. Consistency in the propane delivery location or even separating it from the fuel delivery lanes would also be welcome.

I'm not asking for much!

I understand that Pilot owns Flying J so their plan to recognize the card would not be a surprise. In my experience I have not seen RV islands in Pilot stations. Also since my coach is a gasser, I have to go to the car side in Pilot and maneuvering space can be a problem. I am not partial to any brand, just to places that give me room to maneuver and seem to value my business which is mostly FJ.

l second all of those ideas. But I suspect that Pilot would put someone in charge of that who has never RV'd and they'd be as bad as those at FJ. I would like to see the truck isle accept regular credit cards. My credit card rebate on fuel is way more than the 3 cents/gal that is going to be offered. None of the FJs truck isle pumps accept normal credit cards.

I learned a valuable lesson during this summers cross country trip. If the truck stop has a fast food joint then don't go into the car lanes around lunch time. The four wheelers will leave their car's at the pump for 15 minutes while they go get a hambuger. No situational awares what-so-ever.