desmo

Air Pressure cuts off at 110 psi

Would anyone know if the air compressor psi on my coach is adjustable? It shuts off at 110 psi. My previous coach was a Forest River and it maintained 150 psi. The reason for this question is the tag axle doesn't lift very much when the switch is activated and a service technician once said the tag axle needs 132 psi to lift. I have read the owners manual and nothing is noted about the required pressure to raise the tag axle or the adjusting the compressor psi. The only thing it does describe is how to adjust the air bag pressure, and I'm not sure what pressure it should be. Its pressure dial currently reads 45 psi.

I have a 2004 Beaver Marquis and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Desmo

Desmo,

The engine driven air compressor's pressure is controlled by a governor. And yes, most are adjustable. 110 PSI for a cut-out pressure (the pressure at which the governor "turns off" the compressor) does sound a little low. Though 150 sounds high.

I would suggest you call Monaco and ask what PSI is correct for the cut-out PSI on your coach. Adjust the governor to that PSI.

Verify with them how your tag axle lift works and if air pressure does lift the axle, what PSI is required to lift the tag. It doesn't make sense that the PSI required to lift the tag is in excess of standard air system pressure.

And air system pressure varies between CUT-IN pressure (the pressure at which the governor "turns on" the compressor) to CUT-OUT pressure (the pressure at which the governor "turns off" the compressor).

Brett

Thanks Brett I'll call Monaco and fine out what the pressure should be. Unfortunately, I don't think I could find the compressor or let alone adjust it. As long as I know it's adjustable and what pressure it should be, I can take it to a shop and have then do it.

Thanks

Desmo

Sounds good-- let us know what you find out.

BTW, it is the GOVERNOR, not the compressor that will be adjusted is it is the "brain" that turns the compressor on and off (actually loads and unloads the exhaust valves on the compressor).

Brett