t.o.salter@gmail.com

Running Lights Inoperative

I own a recently purchased 2005 American Tradition. I've just discovered that all exterior running lights are inoperative. I do have operable headlights and brake lights. Knowing that all the running lights are out leads me to believe that the problem lies in an area that is common to all these lights. I've checked the fuse and it's okay. I also pulled part of the instrument panel to look at the light switch, which is a 3-way rocker switch, which outwardly looked to be all right. I don't have the know how to trouble shoot the switch any further. Other than the fuse and switch, is there anywhere else I should look before I have to take my coach in to a service center?

thomasalter,

Do you have a smart wheel? (cruse control/wiper and so forth on your steering wheel). If so check out your controller in your electrical service area. I had a similar problem and found burnt wires going to the box. I got my replacement from the mfg. of the Smart Wheel. Since the two leads that were burnt were power in leads I put inline fuses on each. I found mine while looking for a bad relay and noticed the burnt connection. Replaced controller added the fuses and now 2 years later no problem.

www.vipwheels.com

Click on: "Tech Support". Look at the SM 209 or SM 210 unit. The J-12 plug was the one that was burnt.

Hope this helps.