Sign in to follow this  
Kagin

SE Area Rally In February

We are thinking about going to this rally on February 2 thru 6, 2011 at the Hernando County Airport in Brooksville, FL?

We are told it is dry camping and was wondering if there will be fresh water trucks or city water available?

Also will there be honey wagons available?

We may have several people from our chapter to attend and would like to be grouped together. Any suggestions or information will be appreciated.

Guest BillAdams
We are thinking about going to this rally on February 2 thru 6, 2011 at the Hernando County Airport in Brooksville, FL?

We are told it is dry camping and was wondering if there will be fresh water trucks or city water available?

We may have several people from our chapter to attend and would like to be grouped together. Any suggestions or information will be appreciated.

While all the options you question will be available, they are not cheap. You will not have any connections at your site so you will have to pay to dump (around $15 if I recall) and you will have to pay if you want to have a water truck come around (not cheap). The best rule is to come in full and empty and conserve as much as possible so you can get all the way through without having to pay for these services. If you budget in an extra $30-$50 you should be able to do as you please.

The Brooksville rally is a very good one and if it is your first you should have a good time and visit nearly every vendor you have ever wanted to chat with. This is a very well run (long running) FMCA rally so come one down and enjoy some good RV fellowship. Be sure to stop by our booth and say Hello!

Good Morning - We have a couple different areas-- you can choose to park: where you can dry camp (no generator), where you can run your generator from 7am - 11pm, where can run your generator 24 hrs a day and we also offer 30 amp electric for a higher price.

There is water available when you first come in where you can fill your tanks.

If you need to dump before you are ready to leave there is a truck available and I believe last year the cost was $17 and we do have a dump site available when you are leaving.

We have a holding area when you first arrive if you want to wait for the rest of your group, you would meet there then when everyone is ready you just tell a parker and they will move you all at the same time to be parked together.

You can read more on the rally at www.seafmca.com or can also call the office at 352-796-0154.

Happy Holidays and Safe Travels Karen

Normal temperatures IMHO can range from low around 50 and high of 70 as I remember last February but lows could be slightly below freezing for a night or two and highs in the upper 60's or low 50's in the extreme. Last year was quite comfortable to me other than the one day it rained and seemed colder than it really was. I think the year before was quite a bit colder but am not sure because we were only there in 2007 throught 2010 on day trips.

Thank you Ed,

In that case I won't need electricity. Sounds like my ideal boondocking weather :) The only criteria I have for electricity is if it gets hot and I have to run the AC for the dogs.

Sure would like to attend this rally. It's hard to lock in this far in advance for me. Can a space be obtained as "at the gate" price?

Being my first rally, is there a site that list vendors, and all the in's/out's of the how too's?

I can find info on rally functions, what I need is adult supervision and guidance.

Thanks,

DT