tmoning

Reply Buttons Explained

What's the difference between Add Reply, Reply and Fast Reply? And What purpose does the Quote button serve?

Add Reply -- found both at the top and bottom of a topic thread. Opens a page with a full reply box and all of the options for text formatting. Use Add Reply to add your post to the discussion without quoting existing posts.

Reply -- found beneath each individual reply within a thread. The Reply button is set to reply specifically to that post, so clicking it opens a reply with that post quoted at the top. (Note: You can delete the quoted post, if you like.)

Quote -- found beneath each individual reply within a thread. The quote is a multi-quote feature. If you would like to reply to multiple posts within a thread, click the quote button for each of those posts and then hit the "Add Reply" button. Each post is quoted in the reply box.

Fast Reply -- found at the bottom of a thread. Opens a simple reply box at the bottom of a thread. Enter a reply and then click "Add Reply."

When replying to messages on the forums, choosing the appropriate reply button can save you time and enhance the communication among all forum participants.

Good explanation about the Reply Buttons, but I have trouble once I finish typing my text.

What do I do to actually send it?

Routinely now, I copy all my text to the clipboard so when I don't get it sent, I don't have to retype it all when I try to reply again.

Good explanation about the Reply Buttons, but I have trouble once I finish typing my text.

What do I do to actually send it?

After typing your text, scroll down a little and you'll see the Add Reply button near the horizontal center of the page.

Similarly, when you are posting a new topic, after entering your text, scroll down and you'll see the Post New Topic or Preview Post buttons.

It's a simple click, but in most cases you do have to remember to scroll down.

Excuse me ... I'm about to scroll down right now and click Add Reply.

Thanks for the explanation Todd. Now if I can just store the information away in my mind.....