Xplorer

Volunteer Opportunity In Minnesota

This is posted on behalf of Megan Wilkins, Volunteer Manager, Voyageurs National Park.

If you need additional information, please contact Megan.

"Howdy all! I wanted to try here for a volunteer position I am trying to fill. I am searching for a volunteer to work 4 days a week at the Rainy Lake Visitor Center in May and June. We have an RV spot with full hook-ups available within walking distance. One of the reasons I have had trouble filling this position is because my RV sites for that location are in a pretty forested area, so satellite reception is extremely spotty and unreliable. Maybe someone here would be interested anyways? If so, please send me an e-mail at megan_wilkins@nps.gov or call me at 218-875-2111. I don't have voice mail (in 2011! I know!) so e-mail is the best way to get me if I don't answer."

Additional Information from npsvipnetwork, RVVIP Group Page:

MINNESOTA

Voyageurs National Park = 4 RV Volunteer Sites & 1 Cabin. Ash River = 2 RV Volunteer Sites with 30/50 amp, water, sewer, laundry facility, community room with shared kitchen, internet access, 3/4 bath. Rainy Lake = 2 RV Volunteer Sites with 30/50 amp, water, sewer, laundry facility, picnic table. Telephone /DSL at personal expense, limited Satellite access due to terrain, dock, canoe, paddles and life jackets.

Please contact Megan if you have an interest in the North Country.