tbutler

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone filled in their signature?

For those new and some not so new to the forum, I suggest that you go to MY CONTROLS and enter some basic information about your coach before posting a problem and asking for a solution. Knowing that information can be helpful to those making suggestions for solving your problem. The more we know the better the answer will be.

Guest Wayne77590

I agree with Tom. It would be nice to know what you are steering down the highway.

I have my information posted to my profile. If anyone is in the area, and I'm not on the road, i will assist in any way I can should you need it.

Besides, if you display your membership number on your coach, i can see who you are and where you are from by the members list.

Fill in your information, after all, we do have something in common.

And it goes beyond the equipment! I just responded to richardingle, who had a query about places to go in New England. I sent a response but I have no idea what their interests are. Do they like to fish, hike, bicycle, see scenery, take boat tours, visit museums or just hang around in a beautiful place and go to restaurants for dinner in the evening? The more we know about you, the better we can answer your queries. That includes some indication of age and how you like to relax. If Richard or his spouse is interested in antiques, my answer gave no help!

Tom,

That is one of my pet peeves, and then lo and behold on my very first post - Yep I did it. Sorry, but I am catching up fast as I can and hopefully in the next few days will have more information about us. Of course, I am so new I am still learning how to navigate all the Forum bells and whistles. :rolleyes:

Thanks for bringing this basic courtesy up - my second peeve is spelling. :)

It's a small world Richard! We have a daughter in Valley Springs, California! I know where you live!!!! Well, not exactly but I can find you. :) Our daughter lives on Kirby Street.

It is inevitable that new people will jump right in to post a question and that is great. I'm just pointing out the value of more information in helping solve problems. Besides, it helps us connect. We'll be in Valley Springs in late October, perhaps we'll see you there! :rolleyes:

Hi. I'm brand new to this site. I tried to follow your advice regarding adding a signature. Evidently, I'm not getting it. I filled in information in a couple of places as to what I'm driving, but it doesn't show up when I post. Would someone please provide the specific path I need to follow for adding a signature?

Thanks,

Mike

Guest felixp
Hi. I'm brand new to this site. I tried to follow your advice regarding adding a signature. Evidently, I'm not getting it. I filled in information in a couple of places as to what I'm driving, but it doesn't show up when I post. Would someone please provide the specific path I need to follow for adding a signature?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike, welcome to the FMCA Community. You should be able to go here - http://community.fmca.com/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=22 and fill in your signature info and then click Update my Signature.

Also, when replying to threads, make sure the 'Enable signature' checkbox is checked.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike: Click the bold "My Controls" link near the top middle-right of the page. This takes you to your Control Panel page. There, look at the left-hand column and scroll down until you see the "Personal Profile" heading. Beneath that heading, select "Edit Signature." Type your signature in the text block provided and then click the "Update my Signature" button.

Refer back to one of your posts, and you should see the signature info that you entered.